07 March 2010

Sushi? No thanks.

Restaurant #5
Rice; www.riceutah.com; Rating: 7
I have tried sushi a few times and have yet to enjoy it. However, I am heading to Japan next month and so I thought I'd better give sushi another shot. So, I called in an expert to teach me about sushi and hopefully help me find some that I could enjoy...or at least tolerate enough to order when I'm in Japan.
So, with my expert, Derrek, and my good friend, Lizzie, who actually likes sushi I found myself at Rice.
Rice is a fairly new restaurant in a new building, it was very nice and elegant. The one thing I would change about the atmosphere was the trance music that was playing, it was a bit much.
As for the food; we only sampled the sushi, so I cannot comment on the regular menu. According to the expert and the sushi lover, the sushi was good. According to me, the sushi was difficult to swallow. I have really tried, but sushi is just not for me. However, I think I know what I can order in Japan and tolerate...so that I can say I ate sushi in Japan, where you should eat it.

Restaurant #6
Five Guys Burgers and Fries; www.fiveguys.com; Rating: 9
My friend, Chad, and I decided to try a new restaurant last night, but it was closed...so we found ourselves at Five Guys, which was still a new dining experience for us. At Five Guys they like to tell you how fresh their food is. Apparently the meat is never even frozen. Well, they are right! That was the freshest burger I think I have ever eaten. All of the ingredients tasted fresh and were full of flavor. However, it was also kind of a pricey burger, but there are FREE peanuts, so I guess that makes up for it :)

Stay tuned for more adventures...

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE Five Guys!!!! You get a regular burger, "All the way", and a REGULAR order of fries to split between two people. Awesome.....

    ReplyDelete